Tuesday 8 February 2011

Theme: Part 2

Isn't it just the way, "I'll be back later with Part 2" and it just never happens!

Not sure what else I had to say about our theme apart from mention a few of the little touches we were thinking of.  We might not go for the whole record invite thing, we've still to decide that, plus we'd seen these:
Credit: Hello Lucky
But given the church we've seen, I'm not sure if we'll go for it, I don't know if we should get something more fitting.

The other thing I had seen that I rather like (and will attempt to make at the weekend is this:
Credit: Kaboodle



Also, we'd like to make some little bowls out of 7" records and we'd also really love to get new labels printed for them but no idea where to start on that one!

I think we'll name each table after a different band, The Beatles (Top Table!), The Cure, Blur, Genesis.... hahaha!

And I liked the idea of us dressing up as different musical couples and having our photos taken.  So far I've got, Sid and Nancy, Kurt and Courtney, Sonny and Cher, John and Yoko and erm, Elton John and Kiki Dee.  Yeah, okay, I need to think a bit harder about this.  Also, I can only think of couples who ultimately had grisly ends...!   

Robert Smith and his wife Mary, I know Andy would kill to dress up as his idol!!


For our music, we figured that unless a nice family member wants to hire a band for us, it's pretty much off the menu as it's just going to be way out of our budget.  So we were just going to hire the equipment from the guy who owns the barn and buy ourselves a nice iPod to use on the day (do iPad's have the same iPod capabilities?!)  Either that, or I need to sweet talk an old friend of mine into coming along and helping out with the musical side of things.  But, we wanted to more or less plan the playlist ourselves, moving through the decades (our first thought, this might not work in practice!)

So, what do you think?  Just our first musings on it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your theme, soooo cool! Will look fab in the barn under that bling bling disco ball... Retro-tastic :o)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, please leave me one to brighten my day!