Wednesday 26 May 2010

What a week so far

Well, to be honest with you guys, this week hasn't been the greatest.


Monday was a bad start. Got Scarlett from nursery just to be told, she might have nits and that one of the kids in the other Toddler class has them, "Really bad." Well if he has them so badly, why the fuck is he still going to nursery - how fucking selfish are some parents to just keep sending their kids into nursery with all these contagious things. I cried my eyes out on the phone to my parents, I felt like a bad parent or something yknow, she had really bad nappy rash too which was making her feel rotten and I just felt like I was failing at looking after her properly. Fell asleep on the sofa after dinner, woke up at 11.00pm feeling like I was going to puke, to find Scarlett sitting on the other sofa looking sorry for herself.


Tuesday was even worse, Scarlett had a little accident overnight, found her and her cot covered in poop, nice. Andy had a review at the care home with his mum to find out whether or not she was still eligible for NHS Continuing Care funding. He'd been umming and ahhing for 2 weeks over what to do, I offered numerous times to take the day off to have her and he kept saying no. Then with the realisation that she wasn't well and that it was probably best he didn't take her to the care home with him, I came into work for 2 hours, then went home. I could tell Scar wasn't well, as she was asleep in the car when Andy picked me up and went to bed soon after I got her home.


Andy came back with the predictable news that his mum was no longer eligible for the full funding (the woman has had a leg removed and can no longer feed herself, how bad do they want people to be?!) I should be pleased, she no longer has any sores, is no longer having TIAs or lashing out at the nurses, so she has improved, but it's just so fucking irritating.


And I'll tell you why. We knew this was going to happen, we knew she probably wouldn't stay on it long, we were sort of forewarned that some people don't stay on it long because the criteria are a bit wanky. So, because we knew it was probably going to change, we fought for 2 months to get her into a different home from the one she's in - one where she went to a Day Centre at the weekends, where we knew the staff and knew it was half the price of the one she's in now. We fought for it because we knew eventually she'd lose the funding, and once she lost the funding we could just about afford to keep her in that one, instead of the situation we're now in and we have 2 weeks to find her a new home that she can afford with her pension and the £120 a week the NHS will give her. More stress that we don't need.


So I'm hoping that today doesn't turn out to be a load of crap because I'm really not sure I can take it. I need to crack on with some work, but clearly my mind just isnt in it.


I'll leave you with a photo I took on my new camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave me one to brighten my day!